Bauer & Associates Logo
Toll Free: 800.738.0424
Local: 386.734.3313
Offices located in DeLand, FL

Can anyone be a Personal Representative?

In order to qualify as a personal representative, an individual must be a resident of Florida, or a sibling, spouse, parent, child, or other close relative of the decedent. If the individual is not a Florida resident, and is not closely related to the decedent, he or she cannot serve as a personal representative. Any trust company that is incorporated under Florida law, or a bank that is qualified to exercise fiduciary powers in Florida, can serve as a personal representative.


Please complete this form and one of our attorneys or paralegals will be in contact with you. *(denotes required field)

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.