Bauer & Associates Logo
Local: 386.734.3313
Toll Free: 800.738.0424
Offices located in DeLand, FL

Where are Probate Papers Filed?

The documents required in order to begin the probate proceeding will be filed with the clerk of the circuit court. This usually happens in the county where the decedent lived at the time of death. A filing fee needs to be paid to the clerk.

The clerk will assign a file number and then maintains the ongoing record of all papers filed with the clerk for administration of the decedent’s probate estate.